A Message from the City Treasurer...
On behalf of the staff of the City Treasurer's Office I am pleased to welcome you to the web pages for the Office of the City Treasurer. We serve a community that recognizes the importance of prudent investment decisions and demands accountability.
The high level of professional commitment and dedication exhibited daily by department staff is instrumental in accomplishing the teamwork that results in investment strategies that produce the highest yield while enabling the City to meet its daily cash flow needs. We look forward to continuing our service of excellence.
Wanda M. Brown
MBA, Ph.D, Ph.D,CCMT, CPT, CPFIM
City Treasurer Wanda M. Brown completed a Bachelor of Science degree with an emphasis in accounting at California State University Long Beach and a Master of Business Administration degree from the Anderson Graduate School of Management at the University of California Los Angeles. In addition, she has completed additional post-graduate studies in accounting at UCLA's Anderson Graduate School of Management. In addition, Wanda M. Brown is licensed as a Series 6 and 63 Securities Representative, a Real Estate Broker and a Life and Disability Agent.
Wanda Brown has taught financial accounting courses at all levels at various California State University campuses, and for the UCLA Extension. She is experienced in the fields of public accounting and banking. She has run a financial consulting practice for over 15 years that specializes in accounting, investments and real estate.
Wanda Brown has earned numerous awards and certifications including:
• California Certified Municipal Treasurer
• Certified Public Treasurer
• Certified Cash Handler
• Certified Public Funds Investment Manager
• City of Inglewood Commendation for Investment Policy
• City of Inglewood Commendation for CMFA Certification
• Outstanding Teaching Award
• Inducted into Who’s Who in Professional and Executive Women
• Inducted into Who’s Who in the West
• Inducted into Who's Who in California
• Inducted into the UCLA Chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma for Academic Excellence
• CSULA's Minority Faculty Development Program Award
• NABA's Outstanding Academic Achievement Award
• Volunteer/Donor Excellence Award
• Inglewood Unified School District Oversight Committee Member
• Distinguished Woman Award El Camino College
• Numerous Community Service Awards
• Numerous Community Educational Presentations
As a result of prudent investment decisions, City Treasurer Wanda Brown has earned interest income in excess of $83,000,000.