Welcome to Parks, Recreation and Library Services
The Parks, Recreation and Library Services Department is charged with enhancing the quality of life for Inglewood residents, businesses and visitors through the provision of comprehensive recreational, social and community beautification services and programs. The Department consists of four Divisions - Parks, Recreation and Cultural, Human Services and Library Services - with the following goals:
- Provide comprehensive recreational, Library and community service programs for youth, families and senior citizens.
- Promote broad access to parks, recreational, and library facilities.
- Expand opportunities for cultural enrichment.
- Maintain a high level of service and maintenance in City parks, parkways, center medians, islands, alleys and trees located on City property.
- Promote community beautification and foster neighborhood preservation through responsive and professional anti-graffiti activities.
Our ultimate goal is to help individuals enjoy life.
|July 21, 2014
Grab your blankets and lawn chairs and join us for an unforgettable evening of "Cinema Under the Stars." Join us for "Movies in the Park" on Saturday, August 9 and 23, 2014. All movies are free! Gates open at 6:30p.m. and movies begin at dusk. Prior to the viewing of the movie, a special presentation of environmental videos will be shown. Bring 10 recyclable items and receive a free popcorn voucher! Refreshments will be available for purchase. For dates, times and specific movie titles, please call the Movie-Info line at (310) 412-8880.|
|July 9, 2014
On Saturday, July 26th, Inglewood Cultural Arts, Inc., will present the 2014 Afro-Latin Festival of Music and Dance at the Edward Vincent, Jr. Park Amphitheater from 12 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. This event, which is co-sponsored by the City of Inglewood, is for all ages and absolutely free. Grab your family and friends, pack a lunch and come and enjoy Afro-Latin music and dance. For additional information, see the event flyer links below or visit www.inglewoodculturalarts.org. |
Event Flyer - English - Spanish
|June 24, 2014
The 2014 Summer Community Guide is now available. Click the link below for information about events, programs and activities for children, youth, adults and families. The information guide also provides information about services offered for older adults, recycling and trash collection, city facilities and key phone numbers for City departments. |
Click here for English
Click here for Spanish