The City has gone to great lengths to improve its web presence and accomplish its goal of providing greater access to government information and services. Along the way, the website has grown to include many more facts and figures contained in many more options. More options can translate to more opportunities, but can also increase the possibility for confusion. Therefore, this page is intended to assist you in your use of this site. If, after viewing the information provided on this page, you are having difficulty locating the information you need, feel free to e-mail our webmaster for additional help.
Upon first glance, you will undoubtedly notice a large montage of images near the top of the page reflecting the beauty of Inglewood. Just above this graphic are seven blue buttons indicating the main areas for navigation through the site.
· About the City will connect you to items for those living or working in Inglewood, as well as those visiting. Major topics facing those within the City are also provided here.
· Calendar will take you to a calendar of events and public meetings within Inglewood.
· Services lists many of the services offered to Inglewood residents, businesses and visitors.
· City Departments will introduce you to the structure of City Departments and the services they offer.
· F.A.Q.s (or Frequently Asked Questions) will enable you to locate an answer to the popular question you have. Questions are segmented by category to assist in your search.
· Contact Us will provide alternative methods of contacting City staff, should this website not give you the information you require.
· Index & Help not only contains this Help page, but also an A-Z Index of all topics within the site.
Below the montage, information areas are segmented into three columns. On the left are: (colors may vary due to monitor settings, etc.) a lavender box with upcoming events, a brown box with a quick survey, and a blue box with downloadable forms. The middle column will house the news stories and other items of importance. The right includes three more information boxes; green for items significant to those living in Inglewood; orange for items related to working in Inglewood; and yellow for those visiting our fine community.
Searching For Desired Information
You may notice a new function to the City’s website: a powerful and accurate Search. In fact, our new website contains many different ways you can find the information you desire. If you are not familiar with the City’s structure of Departments, one can:
To help familiarize you with the file structure of this site, and to keep you aware of where you are within the site, we have added breadcrumbs. Breadcrumbs list the path you have taken to arrive at your current page. Breadcrumbs will be found just under the blue buttons on secondary pages (away from the home page). Example of breadcrumbs:
Finding Your Way Back Home
If you ever need to get back to the Citys homepage, there are a few different ways to accomplish this. First, the Citys logo along the top of the page will act as a hyperlink and transport you (back) to the Citys homepage. You can also click on Homepage or the home icon () in the breadcrumbs line (see Breadcrumbs above). If you decide to save the Citys homepage as your default home page, you can return to the Citys homepage by clicking on the Home button on your browser.
Viewing Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) Files
Many forms and documents on this website have been converted to .pdf format. The Portable Document Format will allow for universal access between different operating platforms (IBM, Mac, etc.). These files can be viewed on your computer with the Adobe Acrobat Reader software. It's FREE to download from here. Be sure to select the version of Adobe Acrobat Reader that is compatible with your system