Southern California Edison (SCE) has announced a power outage which will occur in an area West of City Hall beginning at 8 p.m. on Saturday, February 13, 2010, and ending on Sunday, February 14, 2010 at 12 noon. The affected area is bounded by Regent on the north, Manchester on the south, La Brea on the east, and Grevillea on the west. This service interruption is necessary to facilitate repairs, improvements, and upgrades in the infrastructure in order to increase system reliability for the future. The times have been provided by SCE as an estimate and circumstances may affect both the start and completion times.
To lessen the impact of this outage, please follow these tips:
- To prevent loss of data or damage to your equipment, be sure to shut off or disconnect computers, fax machines, or other sensitive equipment before the outage begins.
- This outage may affect your alarm systems and your private phone systems. Please notify security and/or phone companies that provide your home or business with service.
- Make sure you can override or manually operate your security gates.
- If you plan to operate an emergency generator, please notify SCE before the outage so they can protect their employees from possible electric back feed. To notify SCE of a generator, please call 1-(800) 990-7788.
- If you do not have a generator, you might consider renting a portable one if needed. Please note that SCE cannot reimburse you for this cost.
For more information about the status of the outage, please call 1-(888) 759-6056 and reference the outage numbers below. If you have other questions, please contact SCE at 1-(714) 973-5764 between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled start of the outage. Additional information is available at