Sign up for Utility Auto Pay
Alzheimer’s Association’s Memory Walk
Inglewood Senior Center is putting together a Memory Walk Team
A Health Expo follows at around 10:15 a.m. The Health Expo will feature over 100 booths, live entertainment, free food and drinks, prizes, celebrity autographs, and many, many other activities for the family.
Memory Walk proceeds will be used towards research and direct services. These services are for individuals and families in our community who have been affected by Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia. Direct program services include the following:
- Helpline (800-660-1993)-a 24-hour support, information, and referral to local services.
- Care Consultation-personalized assistance provided to caregivers to help them care for their loved one throughout the course of the disease.
- Educational Programs- lectures and educational workshops offered to families and professionals to improve the quality of care given to people with memory loss.
- Support Groups- available to help caregivers share their experiences and to receive support from other caregivers. There are more than 100 support groups in Los Angeles County and groups are offered in various languages.
- Safe Return Wanderers Registry- an identification program that helps to locate lost individuals with memory loss and return them safely to their homes.
- Targeted Programs in Diverse Communities- offers services that are culturally and linguistically appropriate to support community programs such as care management, adult day care centers, and support groups—to name a few.
** Inglewood Senior Center has been a longtime recipient of grants and services from the Alzheimer's Association. If you or someone you know is affected by Alzheimer's disease and can benefit from services, please call Luz L. Napoles (310-412-5204) at the Inglewood Senior Center for assistance.
Contributions will be greatly appreciated as well.
Thank you in advance for you support.